SimplyRaw Express < www.simplyrawexpress.com > is seeking a full time head chef to lead our vibrant kitchen. Our cafe is 100% vegan and gluten-free, with a focus on raw foods (with some cooked vegan dishes). As a limited-seating cafe, most of our dishes are prepared and packaged daily for takeout. We use mainly local organic fresh plant food ingredients for all our dishes and we are known for our flavorful clean meals.
We’re seeking a mature and experienced vegan cook with experience making delicious but simple raw food dishes (we are not gourmet), who can work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, give instructions to others, and can bring some leadership and creativity to our small family-owned business.
Scope of Position
Under the supervision of the owners, the head chef is responsible for leading the operation of the kitchen; and ensuring that SimplyRaw Express operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining a high standard of quality.
Candidates should have the following experience/skills:
– preparation of raw vegan salads, wraps, desserts, dehydrated dishes
– some preparation of cooked vegan dishes, chili, rice bowls, soups
– creating new recipes and suggesting improvements to current recipes and menu
– good sense of taste and texture with prepared foods
– good awareness and responsibility for business performance of the restaurant, including managing supply and demand, identifying inefficiencies and solutions to improve efficiency
– excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
– ability to motivate and lead a team of employees
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your qualifications and include your availability to start, and hours of availability.